Saturday, April 5, 2008

Release the Hounds!!

Here's some shots from my recent visit to "the New". Joined by such characters as John "the real Dancing Outlaw" Dubose, Ryan "the King of Corestrength" Brazell, and the infamous Drunk Adam(all the way from VA beach), we produced an unprecedented amount of crushing! Unfortunately, the majority of said crushing took place on the front porch of Roger's store and involved several bottles of wine. (It was 27 degrees, what else were we supposed to do?) Some highlights that stand out to me personally were: Dubose's cat-like pounce from about 15ft up during our Friday "night session"; getting totally sandbagged on the shear volume of Rio Grande's burritos, experiencing "the Donkey", receiving beta on the level of deliciousness of "Budwieser Clamato", in true Appalachian style; and lastly, John's late-night lecture to the Richmond youths of "Why emo- is weak... and the "3 Greatest HipHop albums of ALL time"! These are all mandatory life-lessons, and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have come away with such an educational experience.

JD working the "SlittyTitty Traverse"

Dubose flashing "Farmboy"

DA gettin his "Crush-on"


4 comments:

John DuBose said...

Well this is Johnny and this is my dear friend Wattie. Pull out a twenty when I rock for your party

Anonymous said...

If John K. Dubose IV Esq. lectured some teenagers, in a drunken stupor no less, I want to hear all about it!

--Dan "Team Tuesday/Thursday" Fenner

anthony said...

Drunkin it was, stupor it was not!! A moment of shear brilliance would better describe what I witnessed on that fateful night! Genius Dubose...GENIUS!

John DuBose said...

I stand by everything I said that night, regarless of whether I remeber it or not. Copious amounts of wine lubed my cerebral cortex perfectly and I dropped science on the younguns the likes of which has not been seen since Sir Isacc Newton. I felt like the late Dr. King, like Cicero, like JFK. I held court son, don't doubt it!!!!